Electronic Cigarette FAQs
What is an electronic cigarette?
- An electronic cigarette is device that you can smoke just like a cigarette. It looks just like a cigarette and produces vapour like a traditional cigarette.
- You can hold it just like a cigarette and inhale it too.
- The electronic cigarette also releases a harmless vapour when inhaled.
- It gives you the nicotine “hit” that smokers crave for.
Read more... What is an electronic cigarette?
What are carcinogens and toxins?
Electronic cigarettes contain only the nicotine which your body craves for and will satisfy the craving that you get.
Read more... What are carcinogens and toxins?
Can I really smoke it anywhere?
Yes. Electronic cigarettes do not produce passive smoke, they produce a water vapour so are safe to use in all public places. We would advise users to be considerate in some situations. It would be best to let individuals know that you're using e-cigarettes and politely ask their permission if it's okay to use it in their presence.
Read more... Can I really smoke it anywhere?
What do I need to get started?
You will need a starter Kit. An Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit consists of:
- A battery
- The cartridge
- An atomiser
- A charger. There are three types available: wall chargers, car charges, USB chargers.
Read more... What do I need to get started?
How does the electric cigarette work?
- The charger simply charges up the battery.
- The battery holds the power and needs charging every so often.
- The cartridge holds the nicotine and is also the end which you inhale from.
- The atomiser senses the “pull” from the smokers mouth and uses power from the battery to heat up the element which in turn heats up the nicotine in the cartridge and turns it into smoke.
- The smoke is inhaled by the user to intake the nicotine and then smoke is blown out just like your normal cigarette.
Read more... How does the electric cigarette work?
What else do I need to know about electronic cigarettes?
All components have a limited lifespan. They will start to lose power after use. Components will need to be replaced from time to time.
- Battery Life – Our electronic cigarette batteries last from between 30 days to 90 days depending on usage. However, some batteries are larger than others i.e. the cigar battery will last longer than the mini electronic cigarette battery.
- Atomisers Lifespan – We recommend the atomiser to be replaced at least once a month. As the atomiser does most of the hard work to deliver the nicotine, it is the most important element within your e-cig. Again, lifespan will depend on your frequency of use.
- Lifespan of Cartridges – Each of our cartridges have their own lifespan which is displayed on our cartridge page. Some will last you a as little as a day, but others will be good for a couple of days depending on use.
Read more... What else do I need to know about electronic cigarettes?
A cost effective solution would be to purchase complete starter kits every couple of months rather than purchase spares as and when needed
Will the e-cig really help me stop smoking?
The e-cig is an alternate to traditional smoking and is known to help aid you quit smoking.
Not suitable for under 18's
It is illegal to sell tobacco/nicotine based products to under 18’s, therefore we will refuse sales to individuals should we gain knowledge of under age purchases.
Smoking during pregnancy may also harm the baby and era3 would not recommend use our products during pregnancy.